A while ago my dear friend Andrej Gregov posted five things about himself as part of a meme circulating where people would post such narcissistic internet detritus and then tag others to do the same. In his post, Andrej tagged me. Well I was busy and so I'm not getting around to it until the life had been sufficiently beaten out of that horse. So here I am.
However instead of posting five things about me, I'm going to post six. One of them will be false, and the rest will be true. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine which is which. Without further ado:
- While in college, I petitioned Guinness to recognize me as the record holder for "longest time spent walking up a down escalator". Unfortunately my petition was denied with the reason that the record would not be "sufficiently notable".
- I was in the upper deck of Camden Yards when the scene from the movie Dave was filmed there. When the high definition version of that film becomes available, you might even be able to find me.
- When I was a child a had a number of oral surgeries that required Novocain shots. I developed such a distaste for the Novocain that when I finally needed my first filling at age 20 I had them fill the cavity without it.
- I was once quoted in Rolling Stone magazine as an expert in human computer interaction.
- Because I had childhood asthma, doctors suggested that I may be allergic to Penicillin and Aspirin. Although I have never tested this hypothesis, I once developed a bad case of hives after eating an overly ripe and potentially fungus infested orange.
- During a routine screening in middle school a nurse diagnosed me as having Scoliosis and stated it would be unlikely that I would ever be taller than 5' 8" (I'm 6' 3" now). Later visits to a orthopedic surgeon determined that her diagnoses was incorrect and based on unusual muscle structure I developed as a medal winning kickboxer.